Thursday, June 3, 2010

Copenhagen

The week after Prague went by really fast. While Matt was off gallivanting around the continent, I spent what little time I wasn't in class or doing homework hanging out with my friends who were leaving and packing up a big suitcase my brother was kind enough to take back with him. Because let's be real, I do not want to be lugging around my heavy winter coat when it's summertime in Bangalore.

We set off for Copenhagen on Thursday evening, and there was a general strike that day, which somehow worked out in our favor as the Roissybus driver taking us to the airport wouldn't let anyone pay. I'm not sure how that worked, but I'm glad it did! I'm sure you can guess what we did there as well (hint: my legs were really tired!), along with visiting the Carlsberg brewery, taking a train to Malmö, Sweden for half a day (and seeing a MARCHING BAND there...I was kind of excited) and checking out the out-of-commission LED screen that was taking the place of the Little Mermaid while she's shipped off to Shanghai. We stayed in a hotel, which, although certainly not top-of-the-line, excited me greatly. We had towels! We had a TV! We could go to sleep and wake up whenever we wanted and didn't have to sleep with our belongings! It's those simple pleasures.

After Copenhagen, I came back and submitted my visa to the Indian Embassy. The wait was only 2 1/2 hours, pas grande chose. It's out of my hands now, however, and up to the fates. It's a good feeling to have. Matt and I explored Paris some. He had already visited so had seen most of the cool touristy things, so I took him to a great gelato place on Rue Mouffetard and we walked along the Seine, over to Saint Germain des Pres and then back to my apartment. We took some wine and cheese and bread up to his hotel by the airport for the night and I stayed there since it's an hour metro trip away. I am getting used to this hotel thing, and liking it! Then this week I've had some finals, which is weird since I still have two weeks of class left, and I've been soaking up the sun in my spare time now that it's finally gorgeous out! I'm in Paris this weekend and the next, and then that next Friday I'm heading to London and Ireland so it will be nice to have a little bit of time with Paris. It's so weird that I'm leaving so soon! But I've already given you more than enough to read between these two entries, so I'll talk about that later. Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment